Abiomed is an innovative medical device business with an inspiring mission "Patients First," and a unique guiding company principle " Recovering hearts. Saving lives." With more than 2,000 employees, Abiomed is one of the fastest growing medical technology businesses in the world with corporate headquarters in Danvers, USA, and locations in Aachen and Berlin, Germany, Tokyo, Japan, and Singapore. Abiomed is part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech.
Abiomed is an employer with attractive working conditions and an appreciative corporate culture that focuses on the needs of its employees. Abiomed inspires and retains exceptional talent through collaboration, passion and continuous development.
Come lead SAP manufacturing processes at Abiomed to the next level while recovering hearts and saving lives. The Sr. SAP Analyst will support manufacturing operations globally by evaluating the business requirements of internal clients and then designing and building effective and workable solutions to meet their needs.
The Sr. SAP PP Analyst must possess thorough knowledge of the Abiomed manufacturing business processes (from planning to distribution), as well as a comprehensive understanding of the specific SAP modules configuration required to support these businesses operations. This position will also maintain and support SAP application, using best practice processes and following Abiomed project methodology, standards, and change management procedure.
- Provide day to day SAP support to global manufacturing processes in Abiomed with good knowledge of APO, Shelf Life Planning, Safety Stock Planning, S/4HANA MRP functions, Sales and Operational Planning, and Contract Manufacturing
- Ensure seamless end-to-end integration with manufacturing execution systems
- Support integration aspects with other SAP modules MM, eWM, PP, QM, FICO, and SD
- Support integrations with Manufacturing Execution System
- Work together with solution owners to improve operational stability of already implemented solutions
- Determine how business process changes impact system design and work with end users and technical team to implement the optimal solutions
- Assist in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality of various SAP modules
- Lead or participate in systems project identification and feasibility, design, configuration, testing and implementation phases of projects. Effectively apply Abiomed’s software development methodology and enforce standard while maintaining change control procedures and documentation
- Work closely with the business and IT technical staff to meet expected customer service levels
- Provide technical support to the end users in the form of troubleshooting guidelines and modifications to the system after it has been delivered
- Provides training and knowledge transfer, for cross training purposes, to other members of the IT application team
- Perform other duties as required
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems preferred
- At least 7 years’ experience with SAP application in a similar role
- SAP PP/MM/eWM certification is a plus
- Strong functional experience with ABAP/technical skillset to debug and implement SAP solutions preferred
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn new systems and information quickly
- Excellent Customer Service and communication skills. Ability to express complex technical concepts in terms understandable to the business, experience in training end users
- Experience in a regulated industry and strong understanding of business processes and life cycle
- Experience with project management
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Pleasant, open corporate culture with a strong mission: "Recovering Hearts, Saving Lives"
- Comprehensive induction program with structured onboarding plan throughout the orientation phase
- Company pension allowance of up to 1,500 euros per year and capital-forming benefits
- Benefit packages for occupational disability insurance and company group accident insurance
- Full cost coverage for a job ticket in the Aachen or Berlin area
- Various health programs and a leasing option for a job bike
ABIOMED is an equal opportunity employer. We support equal opportunities for our employees regardless of ethnic origin, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or nationality.