DePuy Synthes , as part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech , is the largest, most innovative, and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative treatments, we are inspired to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. DePuy Synthes companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and enabling technologies in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
To complete our great team, we are looking for a communicative and independently acting
Capital Sales Representative (d/f/m) VELYS Digital Surgery
Location: Germany, home office based
in full-time (100%)
The future of healthcare is digital surgery. The convergence of surgical technology, real time data and intelligence is bringing unprecedented changes to healthcare. Johnson & Johnson MedTech is at the forefront of shaping that future. Hardware and Capital Equipment will continue to underpin any advancements in the digital surgery space. Therefore, it is critical that our platform is supported by the expertise of an exceptional Capital Sales Representative.
The Capital Sales Representative (d/f/m) is selling digital solutions, robotics, and capital equipment within the VELYS Digital Surgery platform, first and foremost our robotic system VRAS, VELYS Robotic Assisted Solution. He/ she will be an integral team member of the newly found VELYS Digital and Capital Equipment business unit, representing a start-up inside the world’s largest healthcare cooperation. The Capital Sales Representative will report to the Sales Manager Digital Surgery & Capital Equipment and will work in close collaboration with him, the whole VELYS team and the JOINTS team to create a meaningful impact in digital surgery in Germany.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead and execute the capital sales cycle within dedicated accounts
- Establish partnerships with key decision makers in prospective accounts, such as chief surgeons, C-suite, head-nurse, IT, legal, sterilisation, supply chain, etc.
- Closely collaborate with key internal cross functional teams, including but not limited to: joints sales, marketing, application support, services & solutions, strategic account management, commercial operations, pricing
- Submits consistent and timely reporting of sales opportunities, lead follow-up, forecasts, and other reporting as required
- Demonstrates ability to sell a breakthrough technology and establish a new marketplace
- Demonstrates ability to manage and close capital sales cycles for products that sell for more than 750k €
- Comfortable and facile with the use of financing and leasing products to close business as well as selling service contracts
- Attend sales training meetings, trade shows, roadshows, product trainings and other events that would tend to promote and give visibility to the companies’ products
Your experience and qualifications
- 5+ years demonstrated level of achievement in surgical or medical capital equipment sales, especially leasing & renting of capital equipment
- Deep understanding of the financial operations of hospitals in public and private sectors
- Customer oriented: Demonstrated ability to translate clinical benefits of products to economic value to the health care provider and is comfortable with financial based selling tools
- Commercial skills: demonstrated executive selling experience background (CEO/CFO/COO/CIO of hospitals) and ability to interact with chief surgeons and HCPs
- Teamwork and collaboration: Proven track record in connecting people and getting projects off the ground in a matrix structure
- Results oriented & analytical skills: excellent business acumen
- Excellent organizational talent and process orientation
- Experience in surgical orthopaedics and capital equipment usage in OR setting highly desirable
- Experience in OR navigation and imaging technologies desirable
- Ability to learn fast and adapt in a fast-changing environment
- Fluent in both German and English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think, plan and deliver on commitments
- Digital mindset
- Driving licence
- Capacity to travel min. 75% incl. overnight stays
- Above-average remuneration
- An exciting corporate environment with national and international development opportunities
- Interesting market dynamics, growth orientation and new product launches
- Company car incl. unlimited private use
- Company pension scheme
- Attractive commission model
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our corporate culture at Johnson & Johnson and are a fundamental principle of our daily business. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo. We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences. That is why in Germany we are working to create an inclusive environment and culture where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their full potential – no matter who they are.
Therefore, we welcome all applications - regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. Racism and discrimination are not tolerated at our company, because Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means "You belong"!
Our goal is to offer people with disabilities a workplace that is as barrier-free as possible. We are aware that needs can be very individual. We respond to these and work closely with our representative for severely disabled employees. Severely disabled applicants will be given special consideration if they are equally qualified.