Senior Manager, Commercial Excellence – J&J Surgical Vision
Sight is our most valued sense. It allows us to uniquely connect with life’s moments—and with one another. At Johnson & Johnson MedTech, we are working to make vision possible—leading the way for a new future of eye health. We off er a full spectrum of contact lenses, intraocular lenses and other solutions to support the eye health journey across every stage of life—from pediatric eyes, to developed eyes, to mature eyes. We help improve sight for more than 40 million patients around the world every year. And, in communities with greatest need, we work in collaboration to expand access to quality eye care for all.
As the Senior Manager, Commercial Excellence, you will lead the commercial operations functions in Canada including Contracting, Rebates, Customer Service, Consignment and Analytics. You will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing end-to-end national contract and pricing capabilities, customer service strategies, consignment and commercial data & analytics capabilities in alignment with J&J Surgical Vision's commercial objectives.
Your responsibilities will encompass working closely with cross-functional leaders at all organizational levels within Canada and the America’s Region to drive the direction, strategic planning, execution, and implementation of sales and marketing strategies for JJSV products. You will possess a deep understanding of the competitive landscape and will employ innovative processes to implement technology and analytics enablers to ensure the business may achieve growth and profitability targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Craft and communicate a clear vision to the organization including continuous improvement of processes whilefostering a positive work environment focused on inclusion and teamwork
- Ensure talent development initiatives are in place to meet business challenges including retention planning, growth projects and job rotations.
- Establish systems that uphold legal, healthcare compliance and ethical standards across commercial operational processes and business operations.
- Chair JJSV Canada Contract pricing committee and partner with Healthcare Compliance, Finance and Legal to ensure compliant contracting
- Provide JJSV leaders with performance metrics and actionable insights, guiding strategy adjustments, risk management, and opportunities.
- Oversee the management, response and execution of JJSV RFPs, contracts, and payment processes in the public and private channels.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of contracting practices and data structures related to contracts and pricing within JJSV Canada.
- Responsible for compliant execution of Rebate processes including quarterly approval, accuracy, timeliness and capabilities. Responsible for partnership with Finance on Rebate related P&L inputs and forecasting.
- Ensure ongoing tracking of contract commitment compliance including effective and actionable reporting to internal stakeholders
- Define and implement contract and pricing requirements for JJSV Canada using a risk-based approach
- Partner with Customer Service Supervisor to ensure operational execution and benchmark customer experience results are delivered across Customer Service functional processes
- Shape and drive consignment initiatives to positively impact P&L via efficiencies across Slow Moving & Obsolete (SLOB) inventories within national consignment inventories
- Responsible for compliant end-to-end execution of Customer Service and Consignment processes including free goods procedures, product returns, billings and consignment reconciliation
- Leverage comprehensive knowledge of JJSV's product portfolio, legal risk analysis, HCC compliance guidelines, and financial objectives.
- Standardize and optimize flexibility and agility within contracting.
- Collaborate and influence partners to enhance customer experience.
- Develop innovative technology solutions for efficient contract and pricing data management, workflow, and insights.
- Provide robust training to internal partners for optimized workflow output.
- Lead cross-functional projects for efficiency and capability innovations.
- Collaborate with management across commercial teams, Finance, HCC, Legal, and other regions.
- Partner with Marketing and Global Lifecyle Management leaders to execute on product lifecycle initiatives across Commercial Operations related functions
- Manage complexity across multiple JJSV Franchises, functional areas, and strategic accounts in Canada.
- Cultivate strong relationships and possess influential abilities without formal authority.
- Lead, coach, and develop a diverse team of professionals with contracting and analytics competencies.
- Align resources for maximum customer benefit.
- Foster high employee engagement, encouraging ideation and diverse thought.
Support career planning and long-term growth of the team.
Education, Experience, and Skill Requirements:
- A minimum of a BS/BA is required; an advanced degree (MBA/MS) is preferred.
- 7-10 years of commercial or business operations experience within the Life Sciences industry (MedTech/Pharma).
- 5-7 years of people leadership experience.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Foundational understanding and experience within the Canadian healthcare procurement environment.
- Experience driving internal and external customer experience improvements across end-to-end, cross-functional processes
- Experience in leading data system implementation and technology innovations applicable to contracts and pricing.
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex information, identify risks, and recommend optimal solutions.
- Bilingualism (English & French).
- Exceptional skills in influencing without authority and nurturing strong business relationships in a matrixed organization.
- Specific experience in commercial contracting capability enablement.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent executive-level communication skills
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.