At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Johnson & Johnson Vision is recruiting multiple candidates for our Research & Development summer internship located in Jacksonville, FL.
Research, innovation, and new product development is the focus of our organization.
Since introducing soft contact lenses in 1988, no other manufacturer has matched the eye-inspired performance our wide-ranging ACUVUE® family of products. Our associates are committed to expanding the technology behind the ACUVUE® brand and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the contact lens industry.
Summer interns will partner with teams of scientists, engineers, and optometrists to expand our deep technical capabilities and develop new products aimed at meeting a variety of eye health needs.
- Execute a project assignment involving an eye health product (spanning early research to pilot/commercialization stage) or an enabling technology.
- Perform deliverables involving fundamental research and characterization, process/product development, process/product improvement, test method development, and/or equipment development.
- Work closely with other science/engineering disciplines in the development and application of equipment and processes.
- Design experimental protocols using statistical tools to determine process response to controllable factors.
- Act as an advocate for continuous improvement of technology and processes.
- Review progress and evaluates results of project(s) across various functional groups.
- Current student in a four-year degree program (Engineering, Data Science, Chemistry, Product Design, or equivalent).
- -OR- Current student in a graduate-level program (Optometry, Chemistry, Engineering, Data Science, Product Design, or equivalent).
- For eligibility, graduation date must occur AFTER the Summer 2024 internship.
Experience and Skills:
- Availability to relocate to the Jacksonville area for the summer internship.
- Experience in a relevant field (i.e. internship, research assistant, and/or coursework).
- Prior work experience.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .