At Johnson & Johnson, we believe health is everything. Our strength in healthcare innovation empowers us to build a world where complex diseases are prevented, treated, and cured, treatments are smarter and less invasive, and solutions are personal.
The J&J Supply Chain Digital and Data Science (D&DS) Organization is dedicated to enhancing the well-being of our patients and customers through the development and implementation of scalable digital and data science solutions. Our team is structured around four critical functional pillars: Data Science (AI/ML/OR), Data & Software Engineering, Data Management, and Digital Identification & Traceability. Joining the D&DS team offers a unique opportunity to collaborate with colleagues who bring diverse expertise from various industries and esteemed academic and research institutions.
We are hiring a Vice President of Data and Software Engineering. This is a highly visible, technical, senior leadership position responsible for supervising the strategic direction of enterprise supply chain digital solutions. This role requires a deep understanding of both data and software engineering best-in-class principles.
In this role, you will lead and develop data engineers, software engineers, and other 3rd party technical specialists from different vendors (60 FT FTEs, 400 contractors.) You will also utilize your deep technical expertise to implement best-in-class governance mechanisms:
· Develop and drive code reviews and digital stack architecture reviews for solutions and platforms in partnership with industry and academic experts.
· Define and implement best-in-class software engineering standards, methodologies, and practices across the D&DS organization.
Your strong leadership and interpersonal skills will be demonstrated by fostering strong collaboration with technology and business stakeholders.
If this phenomenal opportunity sounds like the next step in your career, then apply below!
15+ years of validated technical experience with proficiency as listed below
Software Engineering Requirements
· Cloud Computing - Extensive understanding of different cloud services available and their inner mechanism of working in any cloud platform e.g., Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, and/or Google GCP, with the ability to creatively leverage services driving towards cost-efficient and performant applications/platforms.
· Building, deploying, and managing end-to-end large-scale applications/platforms in cloud platforms using Kubernetes with a focus on performance and scalability in large enterprise organizations.
· Hands-on expertise in coding in modern languages like C#, JAVA, Python, etc., code reviews, source control management, build process, testing, and operations.
Data Engineering Requirements
· Experience in delivering end-to-end solutions involving both real-time data feeds and batch feeds. Building end-to-end flow and processing of data from source to consumption.
· Experience in building solutions by leveraging data from multiple source systems like ERPs, IoT devices and other business systems
· Deploying the right mechanisms/services to process data for availability for real-time consumption use cases (hot path) and historical/non-real-time consumption use cases (cold path) e.g., dashboards
Technical Vendor Performance Management
· Accountable for tracking vendor’s performance across all D&DS Data and Software Engineering solutions being built by third-party vendors.
· Leading monthly technical vendor performance reviews with each D&DS vendor by leveraging quantifiable and objective performance metrics.
· Partnering with the D&DS vendors to complete root cause analysis for technical solutions not at par with best-in-class industry benchmarks and align on pathways for timely resolution of the issues.
· Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
· Knowledge of relevant industry regulations and compliance requirements (e.g., GxP, GDPR, HIPAA) is a plus
For US-based candidates, the base pay range for this position is 203,000 to 373,750 USD.
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to:
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.