Abiomed, part of Johnson & Johnson MedTech, is a leading provider of medical devices that provide circulatory and respiratory support, with a mission of recovering hearts & saving lives. Abiomed’s “Patients First!” culture drives our skilled workforce and strong relationships with clinicians. Our innovative product portfolio and robust pipeline provide us the incredible opportunity to bring lifesaving technology to more patients around the world than ever before. Founded in 1981, Abiomed has a proven track record for growth, integrity and innovation.
The Applied Sciences and AI group at Abiomed is dedicated to developing the next generation of critical care products. Our focus is on leveraging algorithmic solutions that harness the extensive clinical and high-resolution device data accumulated over more than a decade. To achieve this, our team consists of highly skilled professionals including data scientists, data engineers, software developers/testers, signal processing engineers, and system test engineers.
As the Software Development Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the successful design, development, and integration of software solutions for our medical devices. You will lead a team of software engineers and collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including hardware engineers, quality assurance professionals, and product managers, to deliver high-quality software solutions.
Leadership and Team Management:
· Lead and manage a team of software engineers, providing guidance, mentoring, and fostering a collaborative and innovative work environment.
· Set clear objectives, define team goals, and provide regular feedback and performance evaluations.
· Encourage continuous learning and professional development within the team.
Software Development Strategy:
· Develop and implement a software development strategy that aligns with the company's overall goals and objectives.
· Define software development processes, methodologies, and best practices, ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and industry standards.
· Identify and implement appropriate tools, technologies, and frameworks to optimize the development process and improve software quality.
Project Planning and Execution:
· Collaborate with product managers and stakeholders to define project requirements, scope, and timelines.
· Develop project plans, allocate resources, and manage software development projects from initiation to successful completion.
· Monitor project progress, identify potential risks and issues, and proactively take corrective actions as needed.
Inter Device Connectivity and Embedded Systems:
· Drive the development of software solutions for inter device connectivity, ensuring seamless communication and integration between different medical devices.
· Oversee the design, implementation, and testing of software components for embedded systems within medical devices.
· Collaborate with hardware engineers to ensure compatibility and optimize the performance of software on embedded platforms.
Quality Assurance and Compliance:
· Work closely with quality assurance professionals to establish software testing processes and ensure the delivery of reliable and high-quality software.
· Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory standards, such as FDA guidelines and ISO requirements, throughout the software development lifecycle.
· Conduct code reviews and implement quality control measures to maintain code integrity and adherence to coding standards.
· Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
· Proven experience (7+ years) in medical device software development space, with a focus on inter device connectivity and embedded systems.
· Strong leadership and team management skills, with a history of successfully leading and motivating software development teams.
· Proficiency in software development methodologies, tools, and technologies relevant to medical device development, including inter device connectivity protocols and embedded systems programming.
· In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards applicable to medical device software development.
· Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .