DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Finance Manager, Franchise Finance - Joint Reconstruction
This role is preferred to be based in West Chester PA, Warsaw IN, Palm Beach Garden FL, Raynham, MA, or Titusville NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $82.6 billion in 2020 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most comprehensive Orthopedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care and Keep People Moving.
The Franchise Finance team works very closely with the business in the development and delivery of financial analytics and support of critical business strategies and decision making
The Finance Manager for will be responsible for providing strategic financial support to the $3B Joint Recon Global Franchise Platform within the DePuy Synthes Franchise. They will evaluate/analyze new product opportunities, lead the preparation of the franchises’ strategic plan, and shape investment decisions to optimize the franchises’ innovation portfolio.
Reporting into this role is 3 Senior Financial Analysts.
The key responsibilities include the following:
- Strategic financial leadership and support for the Joints team, specifically Global Strategic Marketing & R&D organizations
- Ownership of all global new product valuations for the Joints businesses, focusing primarily on internally-developed R&D projects but also providing key financial insights & perspective for external innovation; Prioritization of projects and investment
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting, analysis, and insights for worldwide Joints sales performance
- Forecasting and actuals reporting for the Joints Global Strategic Marketing & R&D budgets
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a major in Accounting, Finance, or any related business is preferred.
- Advanced degrees or certifications such as a Master’s/MBA, CPA or CMA is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Finance and Accounting or related business experience
- The ability to perform detailed financial analyses and high-level pattern recognition to drive performance
- The ability to work well in a cross-functional environment and build support across all levels of the organization
- Strong level of ownership and work towards meeting / going above and beyond expectations
- The ability to drive rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
- The ability to handle multiple variables / levers, and toggle approach within defined parameters based on customer needs and business objectives
- Proficiency with common Microsoft Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint and advanced Excel skills (i.e. Pivot Tables, Formulas, VLOOKUP functions) is required.
- Experience in Medical Device, Pharmaceutical, Consumer goods or Public Accounting is preferred.
- Experience with Tableau & other analytics tools is preferred.
- Experience with Valuation and Analysis is preferred.
The base pay range for this position is $97,000 - $166,750
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.