Field Service Engineer (Fixed Term 24 Months) - Biosense Webster
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in the UK are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each and every one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “ YOU Belong!”
Who are we?
We are using our breadth, scale and experience to re-imagine the way healthcare is delivered and to support people live longer, healthier lives. In a radically changing environment, we are making connections across science and technology to combine our own expertise in surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions with the big ideas of others to design and deliver doctor and patient-centric products and solutions. As pioneers, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care – working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs and drive value. We create smart, people-centered healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
We are in this for life!
We have an exciting role within our Biosense Webster team, where you are responsible to manage the customer support system in the installation, service and repair of all products supported by Biosense Webster Inc. Responsible for interaction with customers over the phone and in person for the handling of customer technical inquires, and complaints.
Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Perform On Site and Remote Technical Support to internal and external through the Customer Support Call Center
- Manage account schedule and perform the installation, operation, repair and upgrades of equipment within assigned territory.
- Shadow with Assoc. FSE in supporting them in installation, maintenance and repairs.
- Devises and implements preventative maintenance programs and maintains performance and service records for equipment.
- Evaluates, diagnoses and repairs malfunctioning equipment in response to service calls in assigned territory and schedule to facilitate all aspects of technical / engineering work required to support all products supported and serviced by the Biosense Webster technical department.
- Responds to customer requests for emergency service. Determines cause(s), troubleshoots and takes corrective action.
- Provides guidance to customers to include Doctors, Nurses and hospital Biomedical engineers along with Field Service Specialists and/or Representatives and assists when customer satisfaction issues arise.
- Manage customer expectations on a regular basis before and after various interactions to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Drive Customer Satisfaction improvement in assigned territory through Monthly review of complaints / Parts Usage / system performance. Analyze data, identify issues and put in corrective actions and improvements plans
- Completes paperwork, documentation and administrative tasks per policy and procedures.
- Complete, clear and timely update in the Service Management System related to work orders
- Complete all processing of RMA returns to support individual usage of parts and equipment.
- Manage allocated inventory and complete required audits to support thereof.
- Completes required trainings for supported products and processes.
- Acts as customer advocate to represent customer needs internally
- Participate in incident investigation.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
What YOU will need
- Experience in the Medical Device Industry is preferred
- Vocational/Trade Certificate with preferably 4 years related work experience in Service Medical Equipment; OR Associate Degree in Biomedical and OR (Electronics) Electrical Or Computer Engineering with 2 years related experience; OR Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in Biomedical and OR (Electronics) Electrical Or Computer Engineering discipline with 2+ years of experience in related industry highly preferred.
- Academic qualification in engineering highly preferred
- Knowledge of servicing principles, practices and procedures preferred
- English verbal and written communication skills.
- Organization skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of service management system is a plus
- Standard test equipment to include digital multimeter
- Ability to drive customer satisfaction and work improvement
- Frequent air travel to EU
- Operate company vehicle with appropriate license.
- Ability to work weekends and “off hours” as needed to support customer and business needs
- Heavy lifting of equipment and excessive standing, lifting and bending will be required.
- Respect and apply safety rules and procedures at all times
- Use personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety devices as required.
- Participate in incident investigation.
What type of mark will YOU make?
By joining Johnson & Johnson you will find boundless opportunities to craft your path & amplify your impact inside & outside our walls. And with our commitment to be the world’s healthiest workforce you can strengthen your body as well as your mind. When you work at Johnson & Johnson you can touch over a Billion lives worldwide every day. And when you apply your talent to our collective purpose there’s no end to the lasting impact we can make together. And that changes everything.
What’s in it for YOU ?
It’s important to us that you feel you can bring your whole self to work; at Johnson & Johnson we provide an environment for you to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promoting your physical and mental wellbeing. As part of our offering, you will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life. Examples of this include online Digital GP, private healthcare, Retail Vouchers, Discounted & Subsidised Gym memberships and you can get to support community projects as part of our global Corporate Social Responsibility programme.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.