CAR-T is an innovative treatment, which uses the power of the patient’s own immune system. A patient’s T-cells are genetically modified to eliminate cancer cells. This ground-breaking, innovative technology provides hopeful prospects to patients where other therapies have failed or fail to provide adequate results.
We are currently in the project phase of a new innovative CAR-T project. A growing team of passionate talent is building the new sites in Ghent, developing, and refining all tools, processes and procedures that ensure a highly reliable, safe, and efficient production process. Janssen entered this platform in a global, strategic partnership with Legend Biotech.
This position will be supporting our two new manufacturing facilities (Obelisc & Tech Lane) in the leading Biotechnology Hub of Ghent, Belgium. You will have the unique opportunity to work in a highly innovative and future oriented environment with the ability to profoundly impact the trajectory of health of our patients. You will gain deep knowledge & expertise that will position you well to grow into other functional roles - such as Quality Assurance, Vein-2-Vein planning, Distribution, …) after the project phase.
Role and responsibilities
The warehouse startup leader is responsible for setting up work processes in the new warehouse environment to support the sterile manufacturing processes as well as setting up the distribution of the end product to the patients in need of treatment.
As part of our operations team, you will ensure that our GMP warehouse will be operationally ready for clinical and commercial production in a timely manner:
- You will immerse yourself in the entire warehouse design process and build up thorough expertise, by developing new processes and material flows.
- You are central to a challenging project-based organization in which you collaborate with various other functions (such as quality assurance, quality control, health and safety, information technology, operations, planning, etc.) in a fast paced project to start up the warehouse on time.
- You build a sustainable partnership with Legend Biotech's warehousing department and develop an appropriate governance structure to monitor the daily operational performance. You are continuously on the lookout to identify and implement opportunities for improvement.
- You will support the Lean design and implementation of the Warehouse IT system (SAP, MES, S/4) including future releases to continuously enhance performance and compliance.
- Our patients are at the center of everything you do. You instill a mindset of high safety and quality compliance standards and your warehouse is prepared at all times for audit or inspection.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience
- You have a master's degree, preferably in an engineering or supply chain field.
- You like to tread new paths, to make full use of your knowledge and experience, but also to broaden it, so that new problems get an appropriate solution.
- You see and seek opportunities, even when they are not immediately obvious.
- You are experienced in project management and you like working together towards a common goal.
- You embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- You maintain high standards of integrity, respect, and sustainability
- You can deal with procedures and guidelines that require strict application, and with changing situations where not everything is clear yet.
- Experience in warehousing, logistics, IT systems or cell therapy (CAR-T) is an asset