Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, T cell Expansion to be located in Spring House, PA!
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are seeking a proactive and high performing individual to join the Cell Therapy group within Therapeutics Discovery to support the development of a novel iPSC-derived T cell therapy platform. The Senior Associate Scientist will be part of a cross-functional team responsible for developing a robust platform of genetically engineered, iPSC-derived cell therapy products. Primary responsibilities in this role include T cell expansion protocol development and high parameter phenotyping. The successful candidate will use a full suite of advanced technologies to develop best-in-class, off-the-shelf, CAR-engineered cell therapy drug candidates.
Must have a background in immunology, cell therapy and/or immuno-oncology. Success in this position will require the ability to innovate and independently design experiments with the goal to advance quality of cell therapy product. The individual must have extensive knowledge of T cell biology and be familiar with literature published in the field. They must have outstanding communication and presentation skills and work well within a cross-functional team. Experience in culturing primary T cells and phenotyping immune subsets (15+ colors, single lineage) is required. Experience performing functional assays, cytokine measurements, viral transductions is strongly preferred. This is a fully lab-based role requiring full-time presence on-site.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse, fast-paced, and ambitious discovery team and to work with state-of-art technology to create life-changing therapies for patients!
- Work with autonomy to design, perform, interpret, troubleshoot, and advance in vitro and ex vivo experimental data.
- Primary human blood and iPSC-derived cell processing and cell culture, high-parameter multi-color flow cytometry.
- Compile data into presentation-ready format and demonstrate outstanding professional verbal and written communication.
- Coordinate experiments with other scientists and collaborate with multiple functional groups.
- Contribute to preparation of SOPs and patents.
- Demonstrate efficient time-management, timely recording and submission of data in ELN.
- Master’s degree in life sciences (Immunology or a related field) with 6 years of R&D experience OR Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of R&D experience is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of T cell biology and hands-on experience working with T cells is required.
- Experience in multi-color flow cytometry, immune cell isolation and expansion is required.
- Background in cell therapy field and experience working with iPSC cells and CAR T cells is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with transcriptome and proteome analyses is highly desirable.
- Experience with functional characterization (IncuCyte, impedance-based assays, confocal microscopy), cytokine measurements (MSD, Isoplexis), viral production and transduction is strongly preferred.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .