The Senior Team Leader, Cash & Bank is responsible for managing and overseeing end to-end service delivery in the Cash & Bank, Currency and Hedging function.
Policy and Strategy Development
- Develop policies and procedures and ensure compliance
- Participate in strategic planning for the team as required Record to Report Process Management
- Oversee the total record to report process – including inter-company, general accounting and period end closing process
- Manage service levels and targets to ensure delivery as defined in Service Level Agreements
- Develop and evaluate performance indices to measure operational efficiency against best practice
- Resolve complex or critical process issues which go beyond Cash & Bank team lead’s capabilities
- Review and analyze management reports as required and drive necessary actions for improvement
- Monitor resource utilization and manage resource allocation, including identifying changes to long term resource needs and implementing necessary actions
Internal and External Representation
- Represent the Cash & Bank function and lead change efforts for R2R area
- Work closely together with other Process Managers (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable) to insure best possible communication and interaction between the processes
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with all markets and business sector(s) serviced by the team
- Ensure that service levels and targets are met and service is delivered to customers in accordance to defined Service Level Agreements
- Lead identification of opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovate solutions and system enhancements so the team can operate in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Focus on simplification, standardization, quality improvement and cost minimization of process
- Proactive involvement in determining and implementing best practices
- Drive implementation of business process improvement initiatives to the team as required
- Ensure team members have the appropriate skills, supporting tools and technologies to enable them to deliver excellent customer service
- Provide leadership, coaching, training and guidance team so they can proactively carry out their role to the highest possible standard
- Manage and monitor team performance on a regular basis to ensure that service levels and targets as defined in Service Level Agreements are met; and take corrective action when required
Work planning and Resource Allocation
- Develop and manage work schedules and activities, back up procedures and staffing requirements to ensure coverage at all times
- Pro-actively allocate resources as required, including job rotation and cross training to facilitate knowledge sharing
- Create an environment that allows team members to grow and be continuously challenged
- Develop, manage and adjust Cash & Bank team goals
- Develop Cash & Bank team leads using an on-going coaching, objective setting, personal development and performance assessment and feedback sessions
- Assist in recruitment, retention and motivation of staff as required
Personal Career Development
- Work with Supervisor to set personal goals and objectives
- Meet training responsibilities by attending scheduled training
- Develop, maintain personal knowledge base of and adhere to procedures, business processes, and relevant application systems of own area of responsibility
- Seek opportunities to improve knowledge, skills, and performance
- Be receptive to developmental feedback and strive to eliminate discrepancies between required competencies and current abilities
Professional Work Ethic
- Maintains high degree of professional conduct at all times
- Adheres to established office hours, policies, and dress code - Promptly advise supervisor of absences no later than start of business hours
Audit and Compliance
- Support auditors and legal authorities with the execution of required activities
- ensure staff are available as required
- Ensure current processes, systems, databases and information security are up to date and comply with current legislation
- A minimum of a Bachelor's level degree or equivalent is required, MUST be in accounting. CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other financial certifications is preferred.
- Required At least 5-7 years of professional experience in finance is required. Learning agility and adaptability to different business requirements. These competencies are critical as this role will initially be part of the finance & accounting team's pool of flex talent during onboarding, to be deployed to the permanent position once readiness criteria are met and role has been identified.
- Strong leadership skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Be open to new ideas, rapid change and embracing new technologies.
- Strong Analytical Skills. Preferred Experience in a Shared Service Centre of a multinational corporation or BPO.
- Experience in a Global Accounting for a large multi-state company.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and fluid situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach.
- Successfully manage multiple priorities, be very organized and work efficiently to tight deadlines. Digital/ intelligent automation capabilities
- Preferred Experience in a Shared Service Centre of a multinational corporation