Sales Specialist Wound Closure & Healing - Ethicon
North West Region
For more than 130 years, diversity, equity & inclusion (DEI) have been part of our cultural fabric at Johnson & Johnson and woven into how we do business every day. Our commitment to respect the dignity and diversity of all is embedded in our Credo.
We know that the success of our business depends on having the best talent in a workforce that reflects the diverse markets we serve around the world and an inclusive culture that values different perspectives and life experiences.
That is why we in the UK are working to create an inclusive environment where diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are valued and each one of our people feels that they belong and can reach their potential. No matter who they are.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Johnson & Johnson means “YOU Belong”!
Who are we?
Profound Change Requires Boldness. Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years. The combination of new technologies and your expertise enables amazing things to happen. Teams from J&J’s consumer business are creating digital tools to help people track the health of their skin. Those working in medical devices are 3-D printing artificial joints personalised for each patient, while researchers in pharmaceuticals use AI to discover lifesaving drugs. Imagine what the rest of our team of 134,000 people at 260 companies in more than 60 countries across the world is accomplishing. We redefine what it means to be a big company in today’s world.
Johnson & Johnson Med Tech
As pioneers in medical devices, we continually focus on elevating the standard of care within the hospital setting - working to expand patient access, improve outcomes, reduce health system costs, and drive value. We create smart, people-centred healthcare to help the patients we serve recover faster and live longer and more vibrantly.
Johnson & Johnson – Ethicon
Ethicon is devoted to shaping the future of surgery by advancing innovation, addressing the most pressing healthcare issues and improving lives every day. Our product portfolio includes Energy devices, Wound closure, Endo-mechanical, Cardiothoracic, Gyne, Urology and Thyroid and Biosurgery surgical devices.
We have an exciting and challenging role within our team as a Wound Closure & Healing Sales Specialist . The role will be an Orthopaedic focused role. This area of responsibility will be covering NHS and Private accounts across North West of England and North Wales.
The Sales Specialist will be responsible for growing as well as supporting and defending the Ethicon Wound Closure & Healing portfolio in the Orthopaedic speciality. The role will report into the Regional Sales Manager and attract a commission scheme in line with the current Sales Specialist structure.
- Achieve agreed objectives and sales targets as outlined in the annual performance cycle.
- Focus on growing Ethicon’s broad range of Wound Closure & Healing technologies within the Orthopaedic specialty.
- Working with a broad range of NHS Stakeholders; Clinical, Non-Clinical; including Procurement. Identify and interact with key Orthopaedic customers and stakeholders within NHS and Private accounts on territory.
- Within allocated geographical region, interact and promote products to key partners in secondary care.
- Lead territory through the development of comprehensive business plans.
- Grow and develop new business including taking competitor share and the adoption of new technologies whilst maintaining key customers and core business.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyse and interpret account strategies and plans utilising key systems and data, both internally and externally, where appropriate to gain a deep understanding of the business environment and insights in to account needs.
- Utilise Orthopaedic market data to create an effective targeting plan.
- Build strong networks of relationships within the Orthopaedic Speciality that enable the identification of mutually effective opportunities to sell key technologies in the surgical procedural environment.
- Present brand value propositions and customer solutions to positively influence buying behaviours.
- Work reciprocally with colleagues across Johnson & Johnson Med Tech to deliver business plan objectives, in line with company strategy.
- Reporting into the Regional Sales Manager, you will work closely with the following teams:
- Medical Device Sales teams within your region
- Professional Education
- Commercial Excellence
- Strategic Capabilities
- Customer Services
Professional Education and Marketing
- Leadership of customer training activities. Partner with Professional Education to develop and maintain associated KOL relationships as well as fostering the effective use of the Company’s comprehensive Professional Education offering.
What You Will Be Phenomenal At
- Have a proven track record in Surgical Sales, Influencing and business partnering skills.
- Have experience of selling into the Orthopaedic speciality or experience working with Orthopaedics
- Understand stakeholder’s requirements and be able to analyse requirements and develop strategies that drives the adoption of technologies and become a trusted business advisor providing solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to build trust with customers by asking probing questions that helps the customer achieve their objectives, acting in a consultative manner
- Effectively utilise the Company’s selling tools (Integrity Selling)
- Maintain deep clinical expertise in procedure and product knowledge
What we’re about: We are passionate about our work and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, we care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
- Committed to caring
- Responsible to our communities
- Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
- Rare in our background and experiences
- The drivers of our own success
- Passionate about doing what’s right Make a unique mark in your career
A Winning Spirit and Competitive Mindset Are Essential
What’s in it for YOU ?
It’s important to us that you feel you can bring your whole self to work; at Johnson & Johnson we provide an environment for you to fulfil your career aspirations as well as promoting your physical and mental wellbeing. As part of our offering, you will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package as well as benefits that can be tailored to what is valuable to you throughout different stages of your life. Examples of this include online Digital GP, private healthcare, Retail Vouchers, Discounted & Subsidised Gym memberships and you can get to support community projects as part of our global Corporate Social Responsibility programme.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application, for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.