Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Fellow to help advance precision medicine strategies for Neuropsychiatric disorders. The location for this position is Spring House, PA, but remote work within the United States may be considered for highly qualified candidates with up to 10% travel.
At Janssen, we are working to build a world without disease—transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen R&D develops innovative solutions using a variety of data sources across multiple different disease areas. We are looking for a highly motivated and innovative Postdoctoral Fellow who will work at the intersection of cognitive neuroscience, multi-omics data integration, machine learning, and neuropsychiatric disease to identify biomarkers for patient subtypes.
- Contribute to large-scale analyses and integration of neuroimaging (rs-fMRI, structural MRI, and DTI), genomic, proteomic, and cognitive data to identify biological signatures linked to patient subtypes across the spectrum of neuropsychiatric disease. The primary goals are to 1) perform data harmonization, 2) identify disease signatures and biomarkers for patient stratification and 3) identify novel targets for pharmacologic development.
- Work closely with a cross disciplinary team of statistical geneticists, bioinformaticians, ML/AI data scientists, and neuroscientists to design and implement computational approaches, analyze and interpret results, and communicate findings through internal presentations, conferences and scientific publications.
- Participate in cross-functional collaborations with external companies, academia, and internal scientific and data science teams.
- Clearly articulate highly technical methods and results to diverse audiences and partners to drive decision-making findings through peer-review publications and/or scientific conferences
- Gain experience working in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Navigate and work within a matrix environment.
- Communication and presentation skills to clearly articulate results and impact to diverse audiences and partners through internal presentations, conferences, and scientific publications.
- Ph.D. in computational neuroscience, cognitive neuroscience, or a related field
- Strong background in neuroimaging and quantitative analysis
- Strong programming skills in R or Python
- Experience with neuroimaging software such as FSL, SPM, or Free-surfer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The candidate will have a strong publication record and experience in complex disease research.
- Experience with machine learning and deep learning techniques is a plus.
- Experience with multiomic data integration is a plus.
- Experience with statistical genetic techniques (GWAS, colocalization, polygenic scores, etc…) is a plus
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through pioneering programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com