The HR Leader is responsible for partnering closely with business leaders across functions as assigned on a periodic basis to provide HR support primarily in the areas of talent management, leadership coaching, organization design and capability building to drive sustainable business performance in the market.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with business/function leaders as assigned on a period basis, ensuring deep connection with and knowledge about the businesses and operating environment and be a strategic people partner.
- Design and Implement Organization and Talent Strategies in support of business strategies to ensure a robust pipeline of talent for sector/function.
- Work with business/function leaders to build Japan/AP R&D community leadership capability to continuously enhance the quality and effectiveness of the organization and drive growth.
- Provide group and one-on-one coaching with managers and employees to support leadership development, business decision-making, problem solving and performance management
- Change Management: Develop and implement effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change
- Employee Engagement: Facilitate an engaged and high performing work culture. Facilitate the resolution of performance and employee-relations related issues.
- Partners with HR Ops and specialist groups to ensure coordination of HR strategies and processes across the organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A change management champion – a change agile and resilient individual. Flexible and adaptive to change.
- Able to synthesize and connect multiple inputs and translate into simple solutions and messages.
- Must be able to partner effectively and influence at all levels in a matrix environment with strong interpersonal skills and effectiveness; strong coaching skills
- Proven track record in building a trusting relationship, fostering a transparent environment, communicating difficult messages and yet be sensitive and supportive
- A strong team player that will support the overall objectives of the BUHR team and the HR Leadership Team.
- Demonstrated Leadership attributes and achievements aligned with J&J’s Leadership Imperatives
- Models and lives the Credo values
- Successful experience as a human resource generalist
- Certification in people/organisation profiling/diagnostic tools (eg. MBTI, HBDI, Disc)
Preferred Minimum Education:
- Bachelor Degree in Business or HR related, post graduate/advanced qualifications preferred
- Preferred Area of Study: Human Resources, Psychology, Social Sciences
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).