Janssen Scientific Affairs., a part of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Medical Science Liaison, Dermatology in the territory comprising of Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Senior MSL will establish and maintain relationships with leading academic and community clinicians and researchers, also known as key opinion leaders (KOLs) and other healthcare providers related to current and future Janssen Biotech Dermatology products. The individual will help ensure that products are used effectively, serve as a scientific resource and expert in providing details concerning relevant scientific and clinical data for these external customers, as well as internal business partners.
Adheres to and follows all internal policies and functions as a scientific and clinical expert on current and future Janssen Biotech Dermatology products in the area relevant to internal and external customers.
Build external relationships with recognized opinion leaders to identify and address scientific needs and stay abreast of current scientific trends. Provide clinical support to Dermatology Immunology opinion leaders and community physicians on the clinical application of Janssen Biotech's existing and future products, respond to their unsolicited requests for scientific information via 1:1 or group discussions, and, as needed, discuss disease state concepts and in-depth medical topics aligned with medical affairs strategy.
Collaborate with partners in Medical Affairs and in Clinical Research in support of Phase II to IV clinical trials, including site identification, assessment, education of investigators, conduct of recruitment events, and participation in investigator meetings. Also provide support to investigator's requests for investigator-initiated studies according to company guidelines.
Provide scientific support and leadership to business and Medical Affairs partners, including training, education and other scientific projects.
Collect and communicate clinical insights and intelligence on the market environment, clinical strategies, competition, and other developments relevant to Janssen Biotech's success.
Represent and support Janssen Biotech at Dermatology/Immunology scientific meetings including congresses, symposia, advisory boards, and investigator meetings. Interpret and report findings with recommendations for action to relevant internal partners.
- Prioritize franchise customer-based initiatives and field responsibilities, while balancing administrative duties and project responsibilities.
- Build interdependent partnerships by communicating openly and frequently with partners, demonstrating commitment to the partnership in both words and actions.
- Maintain focus and composure in uncertain circumstances with minimal directions.
- Demonstrate high organizational and interpersonal skills and sound judgment in all functions.
- Demonstrate the ability to partner with others to lead or participate in large scale projects.
- Maintain in-depth scientific and therapeutic knowledge, including Janssen and competitive products as well as disease states within the franchise.
- Fully understand and apply MSL SOP's/guidelines and company HCC/Regulatory/Legal guidelines.
- Function with high integrity and follow the Credo values.
- Provides coaching and guidance to MSL team members.
- This is not an exhaustive, comprehensive listing of job functions. May perform other duties as assigned.
- PharmD, PhD, MD, DO or a Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) with at least 2 years of relevant TA clinical experience will be considered
- 2-4 years of MSL experience and/or 2-4 years relevant work experience which can include clinical, research, fellowship, or pharmaceutical work experience
- Ability to support travel of up to 70% which includes overnight travel, including some weekend commitments
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/congresses/headquarters
- A valid U.S. driver's license and clean driving record
- Experience in Dermatology is preferred
- As a field-based position, the MSL must be self-motivated, with strategic thinking and strong geographical management skills.
- This position does not offer relocation
The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. Additional information can be found through the link below. Information on benefits can be viewed by following this link: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#MyCompany #JanssenBreakthrough #Immunology #dermatology #MSL