Role and Responsibility
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing, and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
The Senior Manager – Companion Diagnostics role drives scientific leadership through the delivery of innovative companion diagnostics enabling our oncology pipeline to transform the lives of patients living with cancer.
The role will involve providing expert advice on strategic and innovative Precision Medicine approaches and companion diagnostic developments to Commercial, Medical and R&D teams and will be instrumental in ensuring that we adopt world-class practice in the field.
- Leading the development of diagnostics across Janssen Japan’s early and late stage oncology portfolios through close collaborations with internal stakeholders and our external diagnostic partners.
- Collaborating closely with Regional and Global partners to advance diagnostics strategy in Japan.
- Leading the development and implementation of patient selection strategies to deliver companion diagnostics programs in support of our business priorities.
- Leading companion diagnostic regulatory interactions to secure companion diagnostic approvals in Japan
- Collaborate with colleagues in multiple clinical functions plus commercial to help drive market uptake.
- Developing strategies for early cancer detection, near patient testing and implementing testing options for minimal residual disease and early treatment interventions.
- Developing specific disease area strategies (e.g. lung cancer, bladder cancer, etc.) and new diagnostic modalities.
- Utilizing artificial intelligence diagnostic solutions and seeing software as a medical device.
- BA/BS degree required - Preferably in life sciences, marketing, finance or business management.
- Minimum 10+years of overall business experience required; diagnostics experience required; pharmaceutical commercial experience preferred. Oncology experience required.
- Broad business consulting and / or diversified leadership roles in commercial functions required.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict, influence teams, and to build relationships in meeting organizational objectives, without formal authority.
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and techniques required. MS Project skills preferred.
- Skilled in six sigma improvement methodologies, performance measurement, and organizational change management – certifications preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English: listening, writing, speaking
- Ability to lead multiple large-scale initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize workload to focus energy on highest-value initiatives
This position requires up to 30% domestic travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in Japan strongly recommends prospective employees to complete the COVID-19 vaccination before or as soon as after joining our company to prevent the spread of infection among our employees and people around them as well as our customers and the community we serve, and to ensure our responsibilities are sustainably fulfilled as a healthcare company (except for those who cannot vaccinated with underlying medical conditions and other circumstances).