At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE ® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK), and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Equipment Technology & Development Co-op Overview
As a Co-op in Equipment Technology & Development, you will have opportunities to interact with Product Development, Manufacturing, Operation Engineering and other J&J Operating Companies. This position requires a person who is enthusiastic, willing to learn, and tenacious, as well as professional and articulate.
- Assignment will require the candidate to be based on-site in Jacksonville, FL.
- For roles that require you to work on site, transportation is the student’s responsibility
- Full time availability (40 hours per week)
- Career mentorship is available with endless networking opportunities within assigned team and beyond
- Employee may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs, such as medical benefits, sick time, and holiday pay, in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans
The Equipment Technology & Development Co-op will:
- Under supervision of the Fellow engineer the candidate may perform the following activities
- Propose and run manufacturing line time studies and report findings
- Setup, test and document results from Proof of Concept and or prototype mechanisms
- Design and generate technical documentation for parts or assemblies
- During staff meetings will communicate and inform about status and results for assigned task and activities
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one’s job, and always maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited college/university pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related degree.
- Candidates must be available to work Full-time (40 hours/week) during the Co-op session.
- Be available to travel to the office having suitable transportation means.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status are not eligible)
- Demonstrated leadership and/or participation in campus/community service activities are desired.
- Candidates must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Candidates must have the ability to work individually (independently) as well as on a team.
- Candidates need to be proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Power Point, and have strong oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.