The De Puy Synthes Health Economics and Market Access Vice President leads the Health Economics and Market access strategy on a global basis for the De Puy Synthes portfolio of products and solutions. He/she establishes the access and evidence requirements for successful new product development and introduction, collaborates closely with R&D, GSM and Medical Affairs (and L&A for new business development opportunity). To that intent, he/she represents the voice of non-clinical stakeholders, such as payers and providers and also drives the use of Value based Strategies and Agreements. Finally, he/she leads the global DPS HEMA team, as it ensures that the value proposition of all DPS products represent the needs of non clinical stakeholders by developing and demonstrating economic benefits.
The role has a dual global and US responsibility leading the HEMA strategy for the US region by coordinating with the HEMA US team and the US marketing and sales organizations, driving for example US evidence dissemination and value strategies.
This position reports directly to the HEMA global Leader and will work in close collaboration with multiple internal partners and stakeholders, including ,but not limited to, the regional HEMA teams, the global Epidemiology team, DPS GSM and Sales leadeship, R&D, PCM, Regulatory and Global Business Insights. The position also has a dotted line to the Company Group Chairman leading the DPS franchise and belongs to both the DPS and HEMA leadership teams
The De Puy Synthes Health Economics and Market Access Vice President will be accountable for the development, management and tracking of the DPS HEMA team G&Os and budgets. The role includes direct people management responsibilities and leadership over the regional HEMA DPS resources. Additionally, the Director is expected to play a significant contributing role in the strategic and business planning activities of both the HEMA and DPS organizations.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic partner for New Product Development (RD) value proposition: non clinical stakeholder dimension, value based pricing, target product profile (TPP)
- Lead global economic evidence generation (Outcomes Research) for DePuy Synthes Franchise
- Responsible for global market access strategies and country support (HTA, local reimbursement, value based agreements, advocacy)
- DPS HEMA Team management (direct global DPS HEMA team and HEMA community across regions) and budgetary & resource management for DePuy HEMA.
- Lead US HEMA Strategy
- Responsibility for Evidence Dissemination and building capability across the commercial organization (evidence based selling)
Supports key activities for the HEMA center of excellence (such as talent strategy, Value based Agreements, Real World Evidence).
Functional and Technical Competencies (per the HEMA competency framework)
- INNOVATION – Expert
- Understand and shape innovation strategy to optimize value, access and adoption
- Assess, shape and plan for quantifying potential value propositions and TPPs for NPD & NBD projects to optimize market access and adoption
- Integration of value-based thinking and market access requirements into strategies, TPPs and Evidence Generation Strategies (EGS)
- COMMERCIAL – Leading
- Understand commercial financial information related to the business, key performance indicators and financial forecasting metrics and trends impacted by market access, funding and reimbursement
- Provide inputs to relevant new product development, life-cycle optimization, licensing & acquisition, global/regional/country commercial strategies
- Execute commercial strategies with global/regional/country commercial partners
- MARKET ACCESS ASSESSMENT & STRATEGY – Leading
- Understand the healthcare environment, the external marketplace and market access requirements
- Develop market access strategies for market access and adoption, including HTA
- STRATEGIC THINKING - Expert
- Apply HEMA perspectives and knowledge to current and future portfolio and solution planning to deliver mid and long-term business success.
- Able to identify strengths and opportunities, along with weaknesses and threats and how to mitigate them.
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop a clear set of goals and plans.
- At least 2 out of the following: Health Economics and Outcomes Research, Health Technology Assessment, Market Access, Real World Evidence, Advocacy Management
- International Experience, leading various markets or regions is highly preferred. (as worked or supported in at least two different markets, preferably one of them being the US)
- Minimum of 15 years in space of Health Economics and Market Access
- People Management experience of 5 plus years
- Advanced degree (MS, MPH, PhD, MHA, MBA) in health economics or outcomes research or healthcare related field.
- The base pay range for this position is $184,000 -$339,250
- The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
- Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: - https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.