Head of the Medical Department – Internal Prevention Service Janssen Pharmaceutica
Janssen Pharmaceutica is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. It is part of Johnson and Johnson and has activities on several sites in our country: Research and Development, chemical and pharmaceutical production, commercial and supporting services and distribution.
The company has an internal prevention service with an internal medical department for her sites in Beerse, Geel, Olen, Merksem, Diegem, La Louvière and Courcelles.
This medical department is part of the Johnson and Johnson Global Health Services Organization which puts the department in an international, diverse context.
At this moment, we have an open position for a full time Head of the Internal Medical Department Janssen Pharmaceutica
- You lead a well-organized department of doctors and nurses with focus on qualitative service delivery on every J&J site and compliance with local regulations and J&J policies.
- You are an experienced people leader who ensures psychological safety in an inspiring work environment and creates growth opportunities for the team members by investing in talent.
- You lead process efficiencies and standardized work practices.
- You lead the vendor management for GHS vendors where applicable.
- You are responsible for health-related aspects of quality assurance and auditing programs.
- You lead the GHS strategy for each location to deliver on goals (define, develop, deliver, report) in close partnership with the business and aligned with the global J&J strategy.
- You drive leadership engagement and stakeholder collaboration
- You participate in diverse health and wellbeing related steering committees and task forces.
- You are responsible for the budget management of your department.
- Besides your lead role as manager for the medical department, you provide GHS technical assistance and support as needed across all locations meaning
- the execution of the medical surveillance
- participation in the health and safety committees for several technical entities
- giving support during first aid or emergency response interventions
- As Global Health Services Operational Lead for Belgium, you represent Belgium in the Global Health Services organisation and in this capacity, you are part of the Campus Europe West and Iberia leadership team.
- Being a member of the Global Health organization, you are willingly to participate in the activities of the EMEA occupational health management group.
- You are willingly to travel internationally (limited)
- You report to the Campus Director Campus Eu-West and Iberia
- You have a Master after Master’s in occupational health and have several years of experience, strong people management included.
- You have business acumen and customer sensitivity
- You are not only a strong leader but also a strong people leader; you can gain trust and influence at all levels. You are collaborative.
- You are a strong communicator who is credible and self-assured
- You are strongly compliance oriented
- You have the agility to work in a matrix, team-oriented environment
- You have effective team development capability and highly developed interpersonal skills
- You have strong technical skills in occupational health and are capable of acting professionally in case of medical emergencies.
- You are agile and innovative
- You have a driver license
- You are fluent in Dutch and English