Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for Maintenance Technicians I- 2nd Shift (Afternoons- 2:45PM to 11:00PM) located at the Guelph, Ontario Manufacturing facility.
Johnson & Johnson touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
On November 12, 2021, Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. It is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you will be an employee of an entity within the newly created Consumer Health company and your employment will be governed by that company’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes.
This position, under general supervision, will maintain all Manufacturing Equipment, perform reparation and daily support of all processes. You will lead in-depth troubleshooting with Technicians and Operators. Through your participation in improvement and maintenance projects you will liaison with Engineering and other support groups. Assist in the technical training of all manufacturing personnel. Ensure all duties are performed in compliance with Company safety and hygiene requirements, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).
- Responsibilities include equipment set-up, start-up, operational checks, troubleshooting, diagnosing, inspecting, assembling, repair and mechanical servicing of complex manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Performs the final checks and the double checks for manufacturing equipment as indicated in the preventative maintenance procedure and standard operating procedure.
- Troubleshoot and adjust equipment to minimize downtime and optimize performance. Propose long term improvements to equipment.
- Accurately completes paperwork and electronic transactions for all documentation requirements.
- Assists with equipment installation, setup-up and start-up. Performs and document equipment repairs as per standard operating procedure directives.
- Accountable for startup and shutdown of manufacturing and packaging equipment as per procedures to ensure accurate operation.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of clean tools including ancillary equipment, pallets and containers.
- Operates in, and assure team members and contractors operate in compliance with all company safety policies and practices including adhering to all health and safety S.O.P’s.
- Responsible for ensuring that equipment is maintained for safe operation. Verify that guarding is in place, interlocks are always in working condition and applies lock out procedures to equipment during repairs.
- Utilize control systems and appropriate instrumentation to clean major equipment (CIP/COP).
- Maintains facility and work area in good working condition.
- Minimum grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a regulated and automated manufacturing environment.
- Electrician or Millwright Journeyman’s certificate required
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical R&D
- Strong aptitude for problem solving and mechanics
- Strong written and documentation practices
- Must have proficiency in the use of Windows MS Office.
- Candidates must be able to meet the physical demands that this position requires: continuous lifting and/or moving from 5 to 25lbs. weight material, and frequent lifting or moving average (25-50 lbs.) weight material.
- Experience in cGMP environment, SAP or Maximo PM systems is an asset.
- Prior experience working in a Pharmaceutical/GMP manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Experience in SAP-PM or equivalent Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is considered an asset
- Working knowledge of Production Automation Systems (i.e. MES, SAP) an asset.
- Routinely exposed to noise, heat, dust, lubricants, alcohol based solvents and extreme temperatures inside and outside. Working at heights. Working under or on top of equipment.
- Protective personal equipment is required, including, safety glasses, safety shoes and uniforms.
- Department and Company schedules and requirements may require extended hours of work.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.