Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health is recruiting for a Manager, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S), located in Guelph, Ontario.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. is one of the world's largest consumer health and personal care products company. Our consumer companies produce many of the world's most trusted brands, among them JOHNSON'S® Baby, BAND-AID®, NEUTROGENA®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives.
Johnson & Johnson announced plans to separate our Consumer Health business to create a new publicly traded company. The process of the planned separation is anticipated to be completed within 24 months, and it will be subject to legal requirements including consultation with works councils and other employee representative bodies, as required, and other customary conditions and approvals. Should you accept this position, it is anticipated that, following conclusion of the transaction, you would be an employee of a new entity within New Consumer Health and your employment would be governed by New Consumer Health’s employment processes, programs, policies, and benefit plans. In that case, details of any planned changes would be provided to you by New Consumer Health at an appropriate time and subject to any necessary consultation processes
Do you have a desire to change the trajectory of health for humanity? The Manager, Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) will lead the Guelph EHS team and will be accountable for the deployment, execution, and performance of EHS strategies, policies, standards, compliance, risk reduction and management initiatives. As the site EH&S leader responsible for the Guelph EH&S program, you will have the opportunity to partner with other site colleagues in the shared pursuit of ensuring our people go home safely to the ones they love and that we achieve our goals to protect the environment in our community!
- Lead the Guelph campus in developing and sustaining a culture of safety by actively engaging strategic partners, program leaders, and employees
- Partner with company leadership to develop EHS strategy in alignment with the site risk profile and the Consumer work plan
- Drive and sustain the EHS management systems including the identification of significant EHS objectives for the site; auditing and reporting on the efficiency to senior leadership
- Facilitate EH&S program compliance against J&J and regulatory standards by identifying program gaps and implementing action plans
- Coordinate continual improvements to the EH&S management system to maintain ISO 14001 certification
- Ensure consistent execution and continuous improvement of high-risk work programs (PIV, confined space, LOTO, work at heights, electrical safety, machine safety, etc.)
- Conduct root cause incident investigations, workplace inspections and risk assessments and implement strategies to prevent re-occurrence of incidents
- Drive Continuous Improvement through the use of benchmarking, metrics, and Process Excellence tools to enable business results
- Grow the EH&S team through effective coaching and robust talent development plans
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or other technical field is required
- Master of Science degree in an EHS related subject area is preferred
- PE, ASP, CSP, CIH certification is preferred
- Process Excellence (ex. Green or Black belt) is preferred
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 8 years of Environmental Health & Safety experience is required
- Experience leading an EHS program in a manufacturing environment is required
- Strong leader who builds trust to achieve desired results is required
- Experience in identifying, evaluating, and controlling EHS hazards in the workplace is required
- Knowledge of Ontario EHS regulations and an ability to quickly interpret regulatory issues and provide a recommended course of action is required
- Experience leading teams or direct people management is required
- Experience with Process Safety Management is preferred
- Experience in an FDA/GMP environment or experience in regulated manufacturing environments such as aerospace, automotive, energy and defense is preferred
- Experience with Process Excellence tools is preferred
- This position is located in Guelph, Ontario and may require up to 10% of travel domestically and Internationally
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit http://www.careers.jnj.com/.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.