Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Integrated Evidence Team Lead, Gastroenterology (IETL) , to be located in Horsham, PA . Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
As Immunology Leaders, we know immunology is vital to human health. Driven by a relentless focus on patient unmet needs, we will redefine treatments for immune diseases by delivering transformational and accessible therapies and regimens to patients with immune-mediated disease. For more than two decades we have been a world leader in the development of transformational medicines, establishing one of the strongest, first-in-class portfolios and pipelines in the industry, including the first tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitor, and first interleukin (IL)-12 and IL-23 inhibitors. We tirelessly push the boundaries of science and creativity, applying our deep disease insights, novel pathway science, new technologies, and treatment modalities to restore immune homeostasis.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in the following therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, infectious diseases & vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolism, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. We are guided by our Credo .
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Integrated Evidence Team Lead, Gastroenterology (IETL) is responsible for understanding the US healthcare environment and the various stakeholders relevant to the Immunology therapeutic area, identifying opportunities and gaps in the evidence and knowledge needed to support stakeholder-focused value propositions, and prioritizing and integrating evidence generation activities from across research/data groups (e.g., Medical Affairs, HECOR/V&E, RWE, HCQ, epidemiology, market research). As the leader of the Integrated Evidence Team for GI, coordinate the cross-functional team to develop and maintain a current, strategically aligned integrated evidence generation plan (IEGP).
The IETL will also create a strategically aligned scientific communication plan and work with appropriate cross-functional partners to maintain an integrated communication plan.
This role will work collaboratively with the Gastroenterology Therapeutic Area team and the Biosimilar strategy team, as well as JSA, commercial, global, and DOME teams.
- Work with TA leader to lead the development of the overall strategic direction for the GI franchise, and ensure alignment with overall Immunology strategy
- In partnership with TA leaders, develop and drive initiatives, and evolve IEGPs to better meet needs of various stakeholders. Drive decision-making on integrated evidence generation and dissemination strategy, ensuring relevant research, analysis, competitive data, and expertise are considered
- Coordinate and lead special projects with HECOR/V&E/ SCG/RWE/HCQ/commercial partners on Value Based Care, Quality Metrics, Care Pathway, Site of Care initiatives, etc. Seek innovative opportunities to develop high-impact analytics that are relevant and meaningful to key stakeholders
- Partner with MSL leadership to engage on pharmacoeconomic issues with customers and seek opportunities for value based collaborative research
- Develop scientific communication plans and ensure timely execution of dissemination to range of customers through projects/initiatives, publications, scientific forums, and other customer engagements (congresses, professional meetings, etc.)
- Provide effective leadership for special projects with HECOR/V&E/SCG/RWE/HCQ/Market
- Research/marketing partners on Value Based Care, Quality Metrics, Care Pathway, Site of Care initiatives, Market Dynamics, HCP/Patient/Payer Perspectives, etc.
- Lead discussions at the IET to reach decisions Challenge functional representatives to ensure that all issues and questions are being addressed, and that functional area input into the strategy is adequate to meet the needs of the IEGP Plans
Required Minimum Education : BA/BS required. MA/PhD preferred, with focus on science, public health, epidemiology, and/or business.
Required Years of Related Experience:
This position requires at least ten years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry. Candidate must be a highly motivated, organized, self-starter with a demonstrated track record of leadership and achievement. Candidate should have a demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrixed environment with cross-functional teams.
Experience with data analysis is required.
The ability and willingness to travel in the US (10-15% of the time) and infrequently globally are required.
Other: Demonstrated application and/or proficiency in the following areas: strategic thinking, big picture orientation with attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, collaboration and teamwork, sense of urgency, prudent risk taking, self-awareness/adaptability, results/performance driven.
The successful candidate must have strong leadership skills with highly collaborative instincts. The candidate must have the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with basic and clinical scientists, as well as with regulatory and commercial colleagues. Computer skills, excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills are required.