Janssen Research & Development, LLC, is recruiting for a Principle Scientist, Analytical Development – Virology located in Malvern, PA. The Principle Scientist, Analytical Development – Virology will be responsible for characterization of virus vectors and viral infectivity for cell and gene therapy products.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
- Development of analytical tools for the deep characterization of viral vectors
- Accurately capture data in a timely manner, including maintenance of detailed records in compliance with applicable cGMP, safety, and environmental requirements
- Writing protocols, reports, and performing and coordinating testing to support analytical development, manufacturing process development, process validations, and manufacturing investigations across functional groups
- Effectively communicate scientific data and results across technical teams, project teams, and to the health authority as needed
- Ph.D. in cell biology, immunology, biological science, or related discipline with 8 years of relevant virology experience or a M.S. with 10 years of relevant virology experience
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to operate effectively in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a complex, matrix environment
- Minimum of 2 years working in cell or gene therapy research and/or development group
- Independently design, execute and troubleshoot experiments, analyze, report and present data
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks, handle tight timelines and deliver quality data
- Ability to make timely decisions and operate effectively in times of ambiguity
- Strong analytical problem solving, planning and organizational skill
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .