Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Scientist to join a growing team focused on cell therapy process development for the development of innovative treatments for cancer. The position is a key part of the growing API Cell and Gene Therapy Organization located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are looking for an energetic, highly-motivated and collaborative Associate Scientist candidate with demonstrated expertise in cell therapy process development and process innovation. In this role, the successful candidate will be involved in process design, unit operation development, and parameter optimization studies resulting in the development of new production processes. The successful candidate will work as part of a cross-functional teams supporting pre-clinical and clinical programs, focused on autologous processes.
Primary responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Execute process development studies using sound scientific and engineering principles to develop and improve unit operations used for production of autologous T-cell therapies.
- Execution phase-appropriate process development studies, identifying process parameters and appropriate ranges to be assessed for optimal experimental design of the study
- Work as a key team member on shared deliverables to meet project timelines and deliverables
- Timely and thorough documentation and completion of electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Author and contribute to reports detailing experimental work and summarizing results, protocols, technical reports and SOPs
- Maintain all individual training and safety requirements and participate in routine lab operations (maintenance, safety activities, calibrations)
- Participate in routine lab operations (lab maintenance, safety inspections, etc) and maintain compliance with all appropriate SOPs for laboratory work, data recording, and laboratory equipment
- Other duties, as necessary
Education: M.S in Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or Immunology with at least 2 years of relevant industry experience OR a BS in Biological Sciences, Biomedical Engineering or Immunology and with at least 3 years of relevant industry experience is required.
Experience and Skills:
- Knowledge of biology/immunology/biochemistry as applied in cell and gene therapy processes (such as aseptic cell culture, cellular metabolism, T-cell biology, cryopreservation) is required
- Knowledge and experience in CAR-T cell therapy, T cell biology, and fundamental immunology. Prior hands-on experience with equipment and unit operations typically used in process development and manufacture of cell therapy products is required
- Independently execute and troubleshoot experiments, analyze, report and present data. Collaborate with team members to design studies.
- Experience working in a self-driven, performance/results oriented, fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in cross functional teams, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects
- Able to creatively manage time and elevate relevant issues to other team members and team lead.
- Strong scientific and technical writing and presentations is required•Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills as applied to process and equipment trouble-shooting.
- Working knowledge of statistical software (e.g. JMP) is preferred
- Must be comfortable handling and processing blood or serum samples
- Occasional weekend work may be required
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.