Johnson and Johnson is recruiting for a Senior or Principal Scientist, Technical Launch Integrator, preferably located in Beerse, Belgium. Leiden, the Netherlands will be considered as a secondary location.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Technical Launch Integrator we are looking for is responsible for leading the coordination of tech transfer activities and technical services across the platform of the Advanced Therapies. In this role you are charged with running New Product Introductions for life saving drugs and/or drugs with high unmet medical need, such as cell and gene therapy products. You will also be responsible for Life-Cycle Management projects that will drive reliability, innovation and sustainability in our processes and plants, both internally and externally. In this role, you will partner with R&D, Quality, and Regulatory to ensure processes meet the needs of today and tomorrow. The Technical Launch Integrator has the ability to shape, can work in close collaboration with other roles, and must have strong communication skills to influence other functions/levels outside of own group. In this role you will effectively lead global and cross organizational teams to generally attain desired results for all parties. Strong knowledge in cell and gene manufacturing processes is a must. Hands-on experience in both R&D and Manufacturing Operation is highly desirable.
Do you have strong leadership and project management skills, and do you have a passion for biological processes and innovation? If so, then you may be the person we are looking for!
- Technical and manufacturing integration of new and re-developed processes from R&D into the supply chain (cell/gene therapy products, vaccines, or any other advanced therapy products).
- Leading the manufacturing site team and being the manufacturing site representative on the R&D team and the Value Chain Team. Ensuring site readiness and launch readiness.
- Ensuring product supply from the manufacturing site for which manufacturing performance, cost, and robustness requirements are met.
Providing required manufacturing technical support, documented technical input, review, and approval and serving as the JSC technical expert. Representing Supply Chain in all Design-for-Manufacturability activities during the development process.
- Master’s degree in Pharmacy, Chemistry, Biotechnology or related area. PhD is a plus
Experience and Skills:
Shown experience in biopharmaceutical manufacturing, experience in cell & gene manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Principal Scientist level will require proven experience in the biopharmaceutical development or manufacturing arena for 8-12 years.
- Senior Scientist level will require at least 6-8 years of experience.
- Scientist level will require 2-4 years of experience.
- Detailed technical knowledge of biopharmaceutical manufacturing site unit operations
- Ability to influence and lead peers, superiors, and external partners.
- Demonstrated competency and experience with introduction of biological products to manufacturing sites.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- 10-25% travel may be required, depending on project needs.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.