Ethicon Inc., member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Monofilament Extrusion Specialist (Operator 3) , located in Athens, GA.
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com.
Ethicon offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars, and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer, and obesity. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Safely and efficiently executes daily tasks related to extrusion manufacturing of synthetic absorbable and non-absorbable monofilament products. Typical tasks include set-up, tear-down, & cleaning of equipment, start-up, running, and shut-down of extrusion processes, testing of products, troubleshooting of equipment and processes, as well as maintenance of equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operate at least one extrusion process.
- Perform calibration checks on instrumentation used in the Department, especially Instron, TMI, Federal Gauge, Lasermike, and Mititoyo.
- Use the DMACS, Honeywell and Eurotherm Extrusion control systems.
- Perform testing per specification requirements.
- Prepare, record, close out, review, and maintain Device History Records (electronic or hard copy).
- Constantly monitor extrusion lines & perform corrective action.
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment.
- Set up and tear down extruders/equipment.
- Operate at least two extrusion processes.
- Operate at least three extrusion processes.
- Operate at least five extrusion processes if applicable
- Operate all lines including Film extrusion processes if applicable.
- Work in a team environment behaving in a CREDO based respectful manner.
- Comply with all federally regulated programs.
- Adhere to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines.
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
- Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
- Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, Instron,etc) where applicable.
- Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
- Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE's), if applicable
- Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
- Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
- Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
- Consistently meet required Training due date targets.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/facilitator.
- Follow current compliance regulations and standards.
- Adhere to FDA quality and worldwide quality systems.
- Support Plant Diversity Process.
- Ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department.
- Demonstrate ability to consistently meet required work performance targets.
- Demonstrate teamwork in identifying, evaluating, and resolving problems within the department.
- Cover for other operators during breaks, absences, leaves, vacations, etc.
- Package, transfer, and store resins in cans, port-a-vacs and hoppers.
- Perform physical inventory and cycle counting.
- Perform SPC charting and troubleshooting.
- Perform documentation, testing, and doffing.
- Perform line clearance and maintain segregation of product and lots.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent skills, experience, or training.
- Computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relation skills.
- Statistical and analytical problem solving ability.
- Basic math skills: add, subtract, multiply, divide, percentages.
- Strong background in math or science: SPC skills, and/or post high school is desirable.
- Ability to use measuring devices such as Micrometers, scales and balances, calculators, tachometers, computer, and Instron test units.
- Knowledge of extrusion or molding operations desirable.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
- General inspection skills.
- Ability to maintain accurate records.
- Capable of innovative thinking to resolve problems and recommend corrective actions.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com.