At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Under guidance of his/her mentor, the Coop Student will be assigned to a department and/or project to execute projects that increase process efficiencies, reduce cycle time, cost, and improve overall quality of execution.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Under guidance of his/her mentor and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations and Corporate Johnson & Johnson, procedures and guidelines, this position:
- Executes projects that increase process efficiencies, reduce cycle time, cost, and improve overall quality of execution within assigned department using project management methodologies (I.E. FPX).
- Makes significant improvements in the assigned areas by using process excellence methodologies (Lean/Six Sigma).
- Undertakes and successfully completes simple or basic project/product development tasks to include any of the following: writing and/or verifying specifications, maintaining product/process documentation, testing processes, equipment, raw materials and product, and validating equipment and processes.
- May assist in creating concepts and designs/approaches for new products/processes/test methods.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results.
- Comply with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS 18001).
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Student; Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial, preferred.
- Incumbent must be enrolled in an accredited college or university, be in good academic standing and have completed at least two years of studies.
- Previous Internship/Coop and/or Academic Research experience is preferred.
- Extracurricular experience in a student association/organization is a plus.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES and AFFILIATIONS:
- Requires fluency in Spanish and English; must have excellent ability to write in English and Spanish.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Visio and Minitab knowledge is highly desirable.
- Ability to assess issues and opportunities, establish priorities, and act with a sense of urgency
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.