DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Biomaterials R&D Co-op. DePuy Synthes, Johnson & Johnson’s orthopedic medical device company, develops and markets implants and instruments for orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery.
The co-op position offered by DePuy Synthes is in the Biomaterials Research and Development group, which develops implants based on new materials technologies including polymers, ceramics, composites, and drug-device combination products. The Biomaterials R&D Co-op will work in a team environment, assisting scientists and engineers in our R&D laboratories to fabricate device prototypes, and conduct mechanical, chemical, biological, and simulated use testing to evaluate device performance.
• The co-op will conduct experiments and provide data, results analysis, and reports to project teams in a timeline driven process, and will contribute to the efficient operation of R&D laboratories.
• The co-op will exercise technical judgment in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments, and use professional concepts to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
• The co-op will maintain a laboratory notebook and other technical documentation according to required guidelines.
• The co-op may be asked to provide other project or product support as needed to support Synthes’ business objectives.
• This position requires work in a Biosafety Level 2 lab
• This position is a full time position, 40 hours per week, located in West Chester, PA, and requires less than 5% travel
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering or science program.
• The candidate should have an interest in chemistry, biology, materials science, or medical device design and testing.
• The successful candidate will have strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills, and should be observant and be able to think creatively.
• The candidate should be able to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
• Prior experience in conducting laboratory experiments is preferred • A GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.