Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for Staff Engineer for Automation & Controls to be located in Jacksonville, Florida.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Staff Engineer performs a variety of engineering functions for Automation & Controls requiring a wide diversity of technical knowledge involving, automation / controls design reviews, equipment performance improvements, supporting the introduction of new highly technological equipment and new products into a fully automated and integrated 7x24 manufacturing regulated and audited production environment. Ensures that manufacturing equipment meets company specifications, schedules and budgets. Takes a primary position in activities involved with sub-contractors from beginning of design process through installation and start-up processes. Serves as a resource to other engineering disciplines in facility or a portion of a given technology. Primary focus as advocate for continuous improvement of technology and process during alternate working hours schedule.
- Plans, conducts and directs research, development or engineering assignments. Manages multiple projects across various disciplines. (25%)
- Qualifies new equipment and performs vendor and site acceptance testing to meet government standards. (5%)
- Performs concept analysis and justification of capital projects for future project development of a medium-to-large complexity. (10%)
- Prepares equipment, process, safety and materials specifications and conducts technical analysis of vendor proposals. Collaborate with R&D and Supply Chain Engineering towards the same duty. (5%)
- Directly or indirectly supervises teams of high skill JNJ Engineering team members, outside designers, consultants and contractors. (15%)
- Develops and implements equipment and/or process enhancements to improve efficiency, product yield and safety. (15%)
- Provides guidance and/or training to Operations engineers and technicians to operate, troubleshoot and maintain new or upgraded equipment and control systems. (5%)
- Provide support to assigned production areas during off-shift hours. (10%)
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management. (10%)
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline with at least 6 years of experience working with automated controls systems in a highly automated, regulated manufacturing environment OR a Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline with at least 4 years’ experience working with automated controls systems in a highly automated, regulated manufacturing / packaging environment is required.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience programming, integrating and troubleshooting PLC, HMI and SCADA platforms in a high-speed discrete manufacturing validated environment with strong discipline with regards to change control
- Extensive experience designing, re-designing manufacturing equipment, processes or techniques which are significant to the solution of run-ability, safety or quality problems in a high-speed and high mix validated environment with strong discipline with regards to change control
- Previous experience working with the following systems and software:
- Knowledge of Rockwell Automation RsLogix5000
- Knowledge of Vision Systems Cognex
- Servo motion control systems MagneMotion and Kinetix
- Laser printing software Domino
- Safety PLCs Pilz and Guardlogix
- Knowledge of robotics
- Ability to work in a cross functional/matrix team environment
- Change management and project management experience in an FDA regulated environment
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, Data Analytics fundamentals acquired by formal education or practical experience
- Experiences in other industries like pulp & paper, steel / aluminum, food & beverage, or packaging may be considered
- Previous experience working with the following systems and software is a plus:
- Rockwell Factory Talk View,
- Servo motion control systems PAC-Drive,
- Vision Systems Adept),
- Robots (Mitsubishi, Epson, Fanuc)
- Siemens S7, Siemens APT, Pilz PSS WinPro,
- Wonderware InTouch, Wonderware Industrial Application Server
- Experience with motion control (servo motion control systems, robotics, etc),
- Fieldbus communications (Profibus, DeviceNet, etc),
- (e.g. SCARA, web), BCR, RFID systems, Enterprise level software systems, MRP, MES Systems, peer to peer communication is beneficial
- This position is based in Jacksonville, FL and it requires up to 10% (Domestic/International) travel
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.