Janssen Research and Development is recruiting for a Senior Manager-Principal Scientist to join the Neuroscience Discovery team located in Belgium, working in the field of Neurodegenerative and Neuropsychiatric Diseases with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Psychosis, and Depression.
We are looking for an experienced, highly collaborative scientist to lead our In Vitro Neurophysiology team in the execution of research programs. This established multidisciplinary team, performs high quality in vitro electrophysiology studies using recombinant cell lines, neuronal primary cultures, iPSCs derived neurons, slice cultures, and acute brain slices. As part of our team, you will be accountable for managing the performance of the team to deliver high quality data supporting drug discovery projects for our global neuroscience biology group. You will manage the team in the design, execution and reporting of experiments to understand the effect of novel drug candidates on neuronal circuits and brain physiology. The work also includes the identification, validation and implementation of novel research models and technologies.
The candidate should have experience in working in a pharmaceutical environment with vitro electrophysiology for ion channels and neuronal circuit physiology, including whole cell patch clamp recordings, extracellular field potentials, multi-electrode array recordings. Experience with electrophysiology and biochemistry of animal models of neurodegenerative diseases would helpful.
Your key Responsibilities:
- Leading people in the execution of research programs for in vitro electrophysiology platforms to meet the projects timelines and objectives.
- Taking a leadership role managing the performance and career development of the in vitro Neurophysiology team who operate in a highly matrixed environment.
- Actively participating in a multi-disciplinary drug discovery team with the goal to deliver new molecular candidates for disease modifying approaches in the Neuroscience Therapeutic area.
- Providing scientific support and drug discovery expertise to guide the team in alignment with research projects deliverables and department strategy in a compliant and ethical manner.
- Conducting sophisticated data analysis, interpretation, and communication of outcomes to collaborators as well as writing formal reports for regulatory submission.
- Acting as a leading expert within biological research and work with cross-departments teams to drive the science for multiple biology initiatives.
- Proactively creates a purpose driven environment by aligning Johnson & Johnson’s Credo and Leadership Imperatives with the strategies and goals of the team and enterprise.
- Actively engaging with the internal and external scientific community through publications and presentations.
We would love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- Doctorate (PhD) or Equivalent in Neuroscience, biomedical sciences or related area and drug discovery experience with a leadership role in a team with in vitro neurophysiology scientists.
- Hands-on experience of at least 10 yrs with in vitro electrophysiological data collection and analyses
- A demonstrated track record in neuroscience and experimental in vivo neurophysiology
- Good organizational and leadership skills, attention to detail, and shown ability to work in a fast paced, highly interactive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve technical & scientific problems with creative and flexible solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations and reports.
- Strong team member who thrives when working a collaborative and multidisciplinary environment in drug discovery
- Experience of working in the pharmaceutical industry and knowledge of drug discovery.
- Use of electronic lab notebooks and knowledge of compliant data capture sufficient for intellectual property protection and regulatory purposes
About Janssen, the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson
At Janssen, we’re creating a future where disease is a thing of the past. We’re the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, working tirelessly to make that future a reality for patients everywhere by fighting sickness with science, improving access with ingenuity, and healing hopelessness with heart. We focus on areas of medicine where we can make the biggest difference: Cardiovascular, Immunology, Neuroscience, Oncology, Pulmonary Hypertension, and Retina.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Ready to be part of something great? Don't forget to apply. We want YOU!