At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
In partnership with the US Region, the Contract Solutions Intern is accountable for supporting and designing the contract platform(s) needed to enable the ongoing execution of evolving regional contracting strategies. This is done by:
- Managing and supporting system strategy and platform growth.
- Supporting the management of the portfolio of contract strategies and solutions.
- Supporting to ensure a competent and trained contracting workforce.
- Supporting, measuring, monitoring and reporting through governance on the success of the US Region in maintaining a harmonized environment.
Monitoring commercial and regulatory trends and sharing channel expertise and best practices.
The Intern, Contract Solutions is responsible for providing business process and technical application support by addressing System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) documentation changes, coordinating or performing bug fix testing, any other business related error handling and change controls with key contracting applications such as Model N (branded Integrated Contracting Solution (ICS) & Contract Optimization Revenue Excellence (CORE)) and others. The Intern monitors applications, issue resolution and communication across the U.S. Region and partners with IT on proactive analysis and trending of issues.
- Monitor application and issue resolution, partner with IT on analysis and trending of issues, and handle communication across the U.S. Region.
- Responsible for supplemental data requests within key contracting applications.
- Serve as point of contact for key contract applications including ICS & CORE, and legacy systems; receive and triage problems identified with business users, collaborate with IT team to conduct a root cause analysis and communicate outcomes and next steps to partners, coordinate notifications with US region on identified issues, challenges, and direction.
- Coordinate the successful signature of any SDLC requirements following the remediation of known issues including leading the change control process, coordinate or perform bug fix testing because of identified issues.
- Analyze and trend logged issues, recommend improvements to the US region management to reduce future anticipated issues, serve as a user-level advocate to ensure system performance expectations are met or maintained, craft metrics to summarize performance of system and environment.
Recommend actions for improvement, develop and deliver presentations to the US region during future state operational channel governance meetings on trending, performance, and recommend and contribute to the management of the project pipeline or other system support issues.
- System Knowledge
- Data Knowledge and Reporting
- Contracting Process and Knowledge
- Industry Knowledge
- Organization Structure
- Customer Focus
- Two Way Communication (Listening and Leading)
- Verbal Skills
- Written Skills
- Development Plan
- Career Management
- Feedback and Self-Awareness
- Relationship Management
- Influencing for Positive Outcomes
- Team Skills
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Time Management and Prioritization
- Projects and Task Management
Problem Solving/Decision Making:
- Identification of Problems
Education: This position requires in process for a Bachelor’s degree, focused degree in Business, Finance, Sales & Marketing, or Supply Chain preferred
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills required.
- Experience with relationship databases and the ability to query and analyze data from databases (e.g., Microsoft Access, TOAD, SQL, Tableau) is preferred.
- Proven ability to influence/collaborate to get to desired result.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
- Leadership skills.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.