Janssen Research and Development, a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Chemistry – Oligonucleotide Discovery, RNA & Targeted Therapeutics, located in Brisbane, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research and Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
RNA and Targeted Therapeutics is an organization within Discovery Sciences committed to the delivery of high-quality drug candidates in the novel synthetic modalities space working closely with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TA) Discovery teams.
Our mission requires strategic thinking, portfolio mindset and deep scientific expertise in several disciplines including oligonucleotide chemistry, bioconjugation chemistry, nanotechnology, cellular and molecular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as a Senior Associate Scientist, Chemistry – Oligonucleotide Discovery, RNA & Targeted Therapeutics.
In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will generate innovative solutions to synthetic challenges within the context of nucleic acid drug discovery projects. Strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
This individual must also excel in communication and have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
- Maintaining a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
- Developing and executing clear synthetic strategies towards chemically modified single and double stranded oligonucleotide sequences and monomers using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
- Presenting data and reports on project status at individual, group, and departmental meetings.
- MS in chemistry, biochemistry, or related discipline is required, with at least 6 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience, OR Bachelors degree in chemistry, biochemistry, or related discipline is required, with at least 9 years of pharmaceutical or biotech industry experience is required.
- Experience in the synthesis, purification, downstream process, and characterization of oligonucleotides (examples include DNA and RNA chemistry) is preferred
- Hands on experience with automated synthesizers is preferred. (Examples may include Mermade, and/OR AKTA)
- Experience in the purification and analysis of oligonucleotides utilizing HPLC, LCMS is preferred.
- This position may require up to 95% time performing work in the lab.
- This position is located in Brisbane, CA, and may require up to 10% travel.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.