At Johnson & Johnson, we use technology and the power of teamwork to discover new ways to prevent and overcome the world’s the most significant healthcare challenges. Our Corporate, Consumer Health, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceutical teams leverage data, real-world insights, and creative minds to make life-changing healthcare products and medicines. We're disrupting outdated healthcare ecosystems and infusing them with transformative ideas to help people thrive throughout every stage of their lives. With a reach of more than a billion people every day, there’s no limit to the impact you can make here. Are you ready to reimagine healthcare?
Here, your career breakthroughs will change the future of health, in all the best ways. And you’ll change, too. You’ll be inspired, and you’ll inspire people across the world to change how they care for themselves and those they love. Amplify your impact. Join us!
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Ethicon, Inc. business, a part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for Electrical Engineering Co-Ops located in Cincinnati, OH.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms, and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, advanced energy, robotic surgery, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago, as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25 years ago, in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing creative devices that have driven the groundbreaking shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
As an Electrical Engineering Co-op at Ethicon, you will have the chance to:
- Be a contributing member to one of our teams developing: electrical and electromechanical surgical instruments, surgical robotics, electronic operating room equipment, or systems for automated data acquisition, analysis, and visualization
- Use state of the art tools to perform testing, experimentation, and validation in support of product design.
- Support team members in design, conducting experiments, data acquisition and analysis, troubleshooting, assembly and fabrication of prototypes and equipment.
- Gain product development experience such as concept generation, circuit design, writing firmware and software, printed circuit board design and fabrication, system prototyping, testing and debugging hardware and software, and documentation.
- Assist in developing laboratory testing, interpreting data results, and recommending next steps.
Responsibilities will increase with each rotation as you learn more by returning to school. Rotations are generally 3-5 months and availability for multiple rotations is desired. We offer a competitive wage and housing assistance for non-local students. The program provides each student with a great support system, as well as the opportunity to meet people from various schools throughout the country.
- Be enrolled in an accredited College/Institution pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a related field for the full duration of the co-op.
- Be in your second year or above in school at the beginning of the co-op in May 2023
- Considered a student during the desired co-op session(s) (i.e., will not have already graduated college).
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Authorized to work in the U.S. during the duration of the co-op
- Have demonstrated leadership/participation in campus programs and/or community service activities.
- Experience with analog hardware design and analysis
- Basic knowledge and experience with Embedded Systems (Microcontrollers, Arduino, Raspberry Pi)
- Experience in circuit board and/or system troubleshooting
- Basic Knowledge and experience making measurements using typical electrical laboratory equipment (Oscilloscope, Digital Multimeter, etc)
- Basic Knowledge of MATLAB, Python, or equivalent scripting languages
- Interest in the Medical Device Industry
- Experience with statistical analysis and/or Design of Experiments (Minitab, Weibull/Reliasoft, SAS, R)
- Understanding of risk management
- Work experience designing product components and subsystems, familiarity with manufacturing processes and related design requirements and constraints
- Knowledge in schematic capture, circuit board design and fabrication (Altium, Cadence, KiCAD, etc).
- Familiarity with circuit simulation using LTSpice or other SPICE software
- Knowledge and Experience with Embedded Systems such as coding in C/C++, VHDL, Verilog, and with peripherals such as Ethernet, USB, and busses such as I2C and SPI
- Experience coding in LabVIEW, MATLAB, or Python for test automation and data post-processing
- Previous Experience in the Medical Device Industry
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional, and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, candidates offered employment must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJUndergraduate #JNJMasters #JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJCoO