Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc. a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Staff Engineer, Software Development in Milpitas, CA. At Johnson & Johnson Vision , we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com . Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn.
The Staff Engineer, Software Development will provide leadership in the ophthalmic surgical equipment software application development. This role is directly responsible for the architecture, design, implementation, and testing of J&J Surgical Vision products. The candidate will apply software development industry best practices as well as collaborate with R&D and cross-functional teams ion requirement definition and software design.
Key Responsibilities :
- Execute surgical application software design, coding, and documentation.
- Lead development for key application software modules
- Collaborate with R&D and cross-functional teams to define requirement, workflow controls and functionalities.
- Execute application software unit test and integration testing with overall system software.
- Coordinate code review and document software design requirements and descriptions.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related engineering field is required. MS or higher degree preferred.
- 5+ years of forward-thinking application software engineering work experience
- Proficient C/C++ design and coding skill
- Experience with software requirement and design specification
- At least one full software development cycle from concept to commercial release.
- Familiar with software development process and software development tools.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong collaboration and conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in medical device or other regulated industry
- Cybersecurity or Windows APIs experience preferred
- Experience with Qt Framework, .net framework, Python, or Matlab
- Experience with web, mobile, or cloud application development
- Experience working with complex Electro-optical-mechanical system software development
- LabVIEW development experience
- Knowledge and experience with design pattern and UML
- Experience with image processing, computer vision or machine learning
- This position is located in Milpitas, CA with up to 10% travel.
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.