Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Associate R&D Project Director – Surgical Technologies, located in Cincinnati, OH
Ethicon, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, has made significant contributions to surgery for more than 60 years from creating the first sutures, to revolutionizing surgery with minimally invasive procedures. Our continuing dedication to Shape the Future of Surgery is built on our commitment to help address the world's most pressing health care issues and improve and save more lives. Through Ethicon's surgical technologies and solutions including sutures, staplers, energy devices, trocars and hemostats and our commitment to treat serious medical conditions like obesity and cancer worldwide, we deliver innovation to make a life-changing impact. For more information, visit www.ethicon.com .
Are you ready to make that impact? In this role, you will be a leader in an R&D group focused on digital product and technology development. You need a customer-first mindset, passion for innovation, and proven ability to deliver solutions in the regulated medical device environment. You must have strong interpersonal skills, work well in a cross functional team environment, and have a wide range of technical capabilities to deliver on the next generation of digital and connected surgical device solutions. Your days will entail setting strategic technical direction, effectively communicating across all levels, influencing in a matrixed environment, and leading a team through product development of a new surgical device solution to help improve the surgical care pathway for our customers.
- Lead a team to build solutions and shape strategic direction driving digital transformation of the surgical care pathway
- Work with multiple internal organizations and outside partnerships at a system level to ensure alignment on prioritization and seamless implementation of the next generation of surgical devices.
- Lead a cross-functional project team from unmet needs identification, product conception, product development, to commercialization.
- Ensure user needs are translated into effective product specifications to deliver a product that meets the needs of our customers.
- Accountable for effective and manufacturable solutions while working within a timeframe and budget
- Collaborate with regulatory, quality, compliance, and clinical during the product development lifecycle.
- Acquire resources from functional organizations, support groups & outside sources to ensure project success.
- Development and management of technical talent. Provide constructive feedback, mentoring, and assistance in career development for team members.
- Participate as a senior manager of the organization to improve business systems and processes.
- Cultivate collaboration, diversity, and inclusion within team, between teams & other groups.
- Perform individual performance appraisals & compensation recommendations to management.
Education & Required Skills/Experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with at least (8) years of product development experience is required
- At least (1) year of experience leading teams
- Strong analytical, communication, prioritization, and negotiating skills
- Experience leading and developing technical talent
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience in regulated environment required, medical device development
- Development of complex electromechanical systems with software experience
- This position is based in Cincinnati, OH and requires up to 25% travel
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.