Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Neuroscience Sales Specialist to support the West Region. The role will initially be based in Tucson, AZ, however final placement may require relocation within the Regional geographic area.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Neuroscience pursues advancing patient care with mental health solutions. Please visit www.Janssen.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Pharmaceutical Associate Sales Specialist is a Field Based role reporting to a District Manager. This role is an opportunity for transitioned/transitioning Military leaders who are interested in starting a career opportunity within Pharmaceutical sales. As the Pharmaceutical Associate Sales Specialist, you will:
• Expand the sales of Janssen products and to convert competitive products in a manner that complies with company policy and sales direction
• Support to the aligned region/division for all sales-related activities, and upon successful completion of duties, will assume territory responsibilities as a Sales Representative
• Devise and implement customer specific pre and post call selling approaches that evaluate and address the practitioners’ perspectives and the institutions philosophies within compliance guidelines.
• Consistently use approved clinical studies and marketing aids to support the case for the value proposition when selling. Position and adapt the message to meet the practitioner’s, institutions, and company’s objectives.
• Develop and execute on comprehensive business plan that includes but not limited to opportunities and challenges in local market, key strategies and tactics to drive the business, maximization of resources available as well as partnership with key business partners and stakeholders in order to drive sales in local geography.
• Develop a territory coverage plan that maximizes selling time with all account professionals. Adjust the schedule to increase access to key stakeholders, including coverage of all shifts. Institute strategies to increase access to all key stakeholders.
• Maximize and customize the value proposition and influence contract implementation processes within the assigned institutions. Hold hospital stakeholders accountable to the institutional contract.
• Develop and apply knowledge of payer access and affordability landscape in the territory regarding the company’s products.
• Devise and institute an integrated business plan that includes clear strategies and tactics to target key accounts utilizing all available resources, while aligning the plan with the district’s, regions, and company’s goals.
• Analyze business analytics to recognize territory opportunities, strengths, and trends, and to monitor the effectiveness of the business plan. Adjust the plan to minimize the impact of competition and to maximize sales opportunities.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
• A minimum of 2 years of United States Armed Forces Military experience
• Valid driver's license in one of the 50 United States and the ability to travel as necessary, including overnights and/or weekends
• A proven record of success throughout military career is required
• Demonstrated successful experience as a people manager and/or leader is required
• Must possess analytical and problem-solving skills is required
• Requires the ability to think strategically and creatively, to thrive in ambiguity, and to deliver results
• Must have excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills (both oral and written) within all levels of the organization
• Willingness to satisfy reasonable credentialing requirements, including, but not limited to TB tests, Hepatitis B vaccine, MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) and Varicella (chicken pox) as well as annual background checks by Janssen Biotech, Inc.
• Residing in the geography or be willing to relocate to it.
• Demonstrated Ability and Track Record of Success learning-developing-applying Key Business to Business Competencies and Capabilities
- Performance and Results Driven
- Thriving in Ambiguity and Professional Agility
- Influence and Impact of Key Stakeholders in a Complex Dynamic Environment
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson is proud to lead in support to and engagement with the United States Armed Forces military and Veteran community and is honored by the Company’s recognition as a 2020 Military Times “Best for Vets: Employer”, a 2021 Military Friendly® Employer, and a U.S. Veterans Magazine 2020 “Top Veteran-Friendly Company” and as a past recipient of the United States Department of Defense Employer Support of the Guard & Reserve (ESGR) Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award