Injection Moulding Engineer Job
Date: May 1, 2013
Location: Limerick, IE
Position Title: Injection Mouling Engineer
Report to: Engineering Manager
Vistakon Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 640 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Vistakon Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Primary responsibility to provide polymer processing and engineering expertise for a range of products
and materials. Also responsible for identifying and implementing innovative engineering technologies, which will deliver highly efficient and cost effective processes and equipment
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Performs planning, development, facilitation of design and installation of Injection Molding equipment and processes
- Ensures that molding equipment meets company specifications, schedules and budgets Provide troubleshooting expertise to resolve Injection Molding equipment, systems and process problems using strong statistical methodology
- Develop technical problem solving skills among Process Technicians
- Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments
- Project Management ‐ provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.Lead or actively participate in cross‐functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and
- Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively interfacing with cross‐functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the group
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR's, CAPA's, Maps, etc).Ensure all process developments, NPI etc are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives
- All employees are responsible for minimising both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform
Education and Experience:
- Degree Graduate in Mechanical or Polymer science with 5 years plus experience
Primary Location:Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Limerick-Limerick
Organization: Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)
Job Function: Process Engineering
Job Segments: Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Materials Science, CAPA, Engineering, Science, Management